Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

So the day started out like any other day. I went through the general morning day routines, but my day began to differ as I packed my suitcase full of casserole dishes and roasting pans. When I threw in a couple mini-looking pitch forks, I knew things were getting serious. With my supplies neatly packed up, I headed out into the frosty english morning to fetch myself a turkey.

It is a bit sad to be without one's family on a celebrated holiday like today. It's even sadder to realize that your mom won't be there to run the kitchen and man the recipes as you watch, your mind alluding to a conductor directing his symphony. Feeling like a kid who dreams of standing up in front of a crowd with only his or her underwear on, exposed and overwhelmed, I stressed that this meal had to be one for the books. Luckily I had my best bud Claire by my side, and we...

***unfortunately I never finished this post, and now it is more than seven months later, and my memory is not quite sharp enough to finish the description of this epic past day. What I can tell you is that my friends and I made a glorious and delicious Thanksgiving dinner while in Kingston. I am now completely able to cook my own turkey, and will never again be frightened (which is an understatement) when the turkey is so fresh that it still has it's ankles attached (which we initially thought horrifically was its head).

Happy Thanksgiving (seven+ months late :x )

No comments:

Post a Comment